The following definitions are used:
- Area: The surface included within the
- Asymmetry: Measures the asymmetry of a
mole's border around a point at the center of the mole. The larger the value, the
more asymmetric the border is. A perfectly symmetric border has an
asymmetry of zero (0).
Values used are similar to those of border irregularity (see
- Border Irregularity: Measures the roundness of a mole's
border. The larger the value, the more
irregular (or "wiggly") the border is. A circle has a border
irregularity of zero (0).
The following values are used:
|1 through 3
|4 through 6
|7 through 9
|10 through 12
|13 and higher
- Color Map: Click
- Perimeter: The length of the mole’s border.
- Size: The maximum length of
a mole (i.e. the length between the two most distant points on the
border of a mole). The size of each mole in the database is provided by
the image owner when submitting the image.